Eating a healthy diet and exercising often can help control or delay health issues associated with aging, like high blood pressure and diabetes. NIA’s infographic shares tips to help you achieve and maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine.
- Try to be physically active for at least 30 minutes on most or all days of the week.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Choose foods that are low in added sugars, saturated fats, and sodium.
- Pick whole grains and lean sources of protein and dairy products.
- Practice all four types of exercise — endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility.
This National Nutrition Month, share this infographic and help spread the word about healthy diet and exercise.
Last Updated on March 12, 2021