No major advance in Alzheimer’s and related dementias treatment, prevention, or care will be possible without robust clinical research. By joining a study or trial, you become a partner in helping researchers discover new ways to potentially diagnose, treat, and prevent Alzheimer’s and related dementias. You may also:
- Receive medical care and new treatments that are not yet available otherwise.
- Learn about the disease and your medical condition.
- Gain access to resources, such as educational materials and support groups.
- Help provide others with better treatments and prevention strategies in the future.
Explore more reasons to participate in clinical research and hear from volunteers who have participated in Alzheimer’s and dementia research.
You may also be interested in:
- Searching for a clinical trial or study near you.
- Learning about registries and matching services.
- Reading the NIH Professional Judgment Budget for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias for Fiscal Year 2023.