As 2021 comes to a close, NIA invites you to explore some of the most popular caregiving topics from the past year:
- Getting help with Alzheimer’s Caregiving As your loved one moves through the stages of Alzheimer’s, he or she will need more care—and you will need more help. Explore resources you can use for support and advice.
- Tips for Caregivers and Families of People With Dementia No matter what kind of caregiver you are, taking care of another person can be overwhelming at times. Find tips to help you navigate daily care, changes in communication, home safety, and more.
- Alzheimer’s Caregiving: Changes in Communication Skills Get tips on how to improve verbal and nonverbal communication with a person with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Bathing, Dressing, and Grooming: Alzheimer’s Caregiving Tips At some point, people with Alzheimer’s disease need help bathing, combing their hair, brushing their teeth, and getting dressed. These tips can help make everyday care a little easier.
- Advance Care Planning: Health Care Directives Planning for health care in the future is an important step toward making sure you get the medical care you would want. Learn about the types of decisions that need to be made and how to make your wishes known.
Last Updated on December 20, 2021