Staying active with a loved one who has Alzheimer’s disease is important. Doing things together can help improve your loved one’s quality of life and help manage behavior changes that may come as their disease progresses. Here are some examples of activities you can safely do with your loved one who has Alzheimer’s:
- Make a memory book — look through old pictures together and create a scrapbook.
- Dance to music the person likes or tap your feet.
- Work on a puzzle together.
- Go for a walk on a safe path clear of branches or other obstacles.
- Cuddle, feed, or brush a household pet.
Get more activity ideas on NIA’s website.
Last Updated on December 10, 2021