It’s never too late to start making healthy food choices. Eating right can help you maintain a healthy weight, get the nutrients you need, and lower your risk of chronic disease. A few ways you can make healthier food choices are:
- Eating and drinking each day from different food groups, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, protein, and dairy
- Cutting back on foods and beverages that are high in calories and added sugars, sodium, and saturated fats
- Understanding how many calories you need, based on your level of daily activity and keeping a food diary to track your calorie intake
- Choosing a variety of foods that are packed with nutrients and low in calories
- Checking food labels to understand what foods will meet your nutritional needs each day
Learn more ways you can make healthier food choices as you age.