Alzheimer’s disease is a brain disorder that slowly destroys memory and thinking skills. People with Alzheimer’s also experience changes in behavior and personality. While symptoms vary from person to person, some common signs and symptoms include:
- Having more trouble coming up with words than other people the same age.
- Vision and spatial issues, like awareness of the space around them.
- Impaired reasoning and judgment, which can impact decisions.
Other symptoms might include:
- Taking longer to complete normal daily tasks.
- Increased anxiety and/or aggression.
- Repeating questions.
- Mood and personality changes.
- Losing things or misplacing them in odd places.
Find more about the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease on the Alzheimers.gov website.
Last Updated on September 22, 2021