Enjoying a holiday meal together can be an enriching experience for both a person with Alzheimer’s disease and the family members living with them. Try these tips to make holiday mealtimes easier:
- Serve meals in a consistent, familiar place and way whenever possible.
- Offer just one food at a time instead of filling the plate or table with too many options.
- Be patient and give the person enough time to finish the meal.
- Respect personal, cultural, and religious food preferences.
- Avoid new routines, such as serving breakfast to a person who doesn’t routinely eat breakfast.