Check out these 5 tips to make communication easier between you and a person with Alzheimer’s:
- Make eye contact and call the person by name
- Be aware of your tone, how loud your voice is, how you look at the person, and your body language
- Encourage two-way conversation for as long as possible
- Use other methods besides speaking, such as gentle touching
- Try distracting the person if communication creates problems
Visit the ADEAR website to learn more about the changes in communication that may accompany Alzheimer’s disease.
Last Updated on April 28, 2020