Check out these 5 tips to make communication easier between you and a person with Alzheimer’s:
- Make eye contact and call the person by name
- Be aware of your tone, how loud your voice is, how you look at the person, and your body language
- Encourage two-way conversation for as long as possible
- Use other methods besides speaking, such as gentle touching
- Try distracting the person if communication creates problems
Visit the ADEAR website to learn more about the changes in communication that may accompany Alzheimer’s disease.