The Dementia Friendly America Illinois Workshop will be held on Thursday, March 30, 2017, in Springfield, Illinois. This workshop is part of the process to have the State of Illinois added to the Dementia Friendly America network.
This statewide event that convenes experts and leaders from diverse community sectors throughout Illinois who support the development of dementia friendly communities.
- 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. – Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 a.m. – Workshop begins
- 11:55 – 12:40 – Box Lunch
- 3:00 p.m. – Workshop concludes
St. John’s Hospital’s Prairie Heart Institute
Dove Conference Center, 619 E. Mason, Springfield
For further information, please contact ICRN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find additional community resources at Dementia Friendly America at dfamerica.org.
Thursday, March 30, 2017
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
To ensure that those who are living with dementia are guiding and shaping our work, we will follow these guidelines:
· Those who self-identify as living with dementia will be providing perspectives and reactions throughout our agenda
· Those who self-identify as living with dementia will be asked to speak first and have first option for speaking when sharing comments
· We will take multiple breaks and adjust meeting conditions as needed to foster meaningful participation of those living with dementia
|9:30 AM||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|Welcome and Introductions
· Welcome & Introductions
Video: Dementia Friends http://www.dfamerica.org/dementia-friends-usa/
· Opening Remarks from DFA co-partners
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
|10:20 AM||Panel: Personal Perspective – What is the current experience for individuals & families?|
|10:30 AM||Illinois Dementia Friendly Landscape
· Illinois Cognitive Resource Network
· Alzheimer’s Disease State Plan
· State Plan on Aging
|11:00 AM||Overview of Dementia Friendly America
· Dementia Friendly America toolkit overview & Dementia Friends
· Panel: Dementia friendly efforts currently underway in Illinois
– IL State Senator Linda Bush (D-31st District)
– Helen Kwan, Government Relations Consultant, Helen Kwan and Associates
– Melvin Thompson, Executive Director, Endeleo Institute
|11:45 AM||Panel: Personal Perspective – What is needed to provide better support to individuals & families?|
|11:55 PM||LUNCH BREAK – BOX LUNCHES|
|ALL PARTICIPANTS: Deep Dive for Moving Forward:
What is needed in our community so that we can better support individuals with dementia and their care partners?
|1:10 PM||Large Group Debrief||All|
|1:40 PM||Panel: Personal Perspective – How can individuals & families be involved in developing solutions?|
|1:50 PM||ALL PARTICIPANTS: Next Steps:
How best can we ensure we have the active role of persons with dementia and their care partners involved in planning?
|2:20 PM||Large Group Debrief||All|
|2:40 PM||Wrap Up & Closing
· Immediate next steps & accountabilities
Last Updated on April 28, 2020