The National Plan to Address Alzheimer’s Disease: 2017 Update is now available here.
Achieving the vision of eliminating the burden of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias requires goals. The five goals that form the foundation of the National Plan are:
- Prevent and Effectively Treat Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias by 2025.
- Enhance Care Quality and Efficiency.
- Expand Supports for People with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias and their Families.
- Enhance Public Awareness and Engagement.
- Track Progress and Drive Improvement.
The activities outlined in this National Plan Update vary in scope and impact, and include:
- Immediate actions that the Federal Government has taken and will take;
- Actions toward the goals that can be initiated by the Federal Government or its public and private partners in the near term; and
- Longer-range activities that will require numerous actions by federal and non-federal partners to achieve.
The National Plan was never designed to be a “Federal Plan”. Active engagement of public and private sector stakeholders is critical to achieving these national goals.
For more information about ongoing or previously completed projects, please consult Appendix 3: Implementation Milestones.