Help a person with Alzheimer’s disease eat well:
- Buy healthy foods such as vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products. Be sure to buy foods that the person likes and can eat.
- Give the person choices about what to eat—for example, “Would you like green beans or salad?”
- Buy food that is easy to prepare, such as pre-made salads and single food portions.
- Give the person plenty of time to finish his or her meal.
- Serve meals in a consistent, familiar place and way whenever possible.
View these tips to get more information on encouraging healthy eating for people with Alzheimer’s disease.