Lifescape Community Services (LCS) began developing a Dementia Friendly Task Force in February 2023. Currently operating with 18 members from various sectors in Rockford, Illinois, they have developed various initiatives to assist in closing gaps for those with Dementia and their caregivers.
The initial initiatives include:
- Dementia training for University of Illinois’ medical and pharmacy students by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Provide Dementia simulation training within our community.
- Build awareness through promoting becoming a Dementia Friend within our community.
- Increase of resources at the Rockford Public Library.
- Host a “No-Shush” Movie with AMC Theatre for those with Dementia & their Caregivers.
Lifescape Community Services is northwestern Illinois’ top resource for keeping older adults nutritionally healthy, independent, connected and informed.
At LCS, we empower older adults to choose lives of independence and dignity. We are honored to lead our community to become a “Dementia Friendly Community”.
Contact Dementia Friendly Rockford
Joy Drysdale, MAHSA
Program Services Director
Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
615 N. Longwood Ave.
Rockford, IL 61107
Phone: (815)963-1609 ext.216