Dementia Friendly Carterville Task Force is made up of representatives from a cross section of different sectors. The Task Force includes a local business owner of a marketing company, an Alderman in the City of Carterville, a professor of Social Work at SIU-Carbondale who leads a Gerontology Committee, a local lead with the Alzheimer’s Association, a former caregiver of a person with dementia, and staff from the local area agency on aging, which is the lead organization on this initiative.
Dementia Friendly Carterville Activities
- A Village Proclamation has already been adopted by the local government of Carterville and signed by the mayor.
- The Task Force has already conducted training with various groups in the city including clubs, groups, businesses, faith communities, first responders, and healthcare agencies.
- A national speaker was engaged to provide education.
- To include the voice of those in their community the Task Force utilized focus groups and conducted surveys.
- A Memory Café has been created for people with dementia and their family members.
Contact Dementia Friendly Carterville
Becky Salazar, Executive Director
Egyptian Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
200 E. Plaza Dr.
Carterville, IL 62918
Phone: 618.985.8311, ext. 103