North Chicago stakeholders held their first Dementia Friendly Community meeting on December 15, 2017, and it was a huge success. For a picture and list of attendees, please see Dementia Friendly North Chicago Kick-Off.
Dementia Friendly North Chicago/Lake County Activities
- Developed Advisory Committee North Chicago/Lake County in February 2018.
- Created Tales and Travels Memories Library Program and developed 10 kits to share with providers region-wide (volunteer program).
- Piloted the Stress Busters for Family Caregivers of People with Dementia evidenced-based program.
- Hosted the first nine week session from April 12, 2018, to June 7, 2018, at Foss Park District, North Chicago.
- Held a Train the Trainer session on June 25 and 26 at the Area Agency West Chicago Office.
- Had a Vendor Booth at North Chicago Community Days on August 6 and 7, 2018.
- North Chicago Mayor Rockingham Proclamation on Dementia Friendly Day, August 6, 2018.
- North Chicago Fire Department Safety Fair in October 2018.
- Lake County Housing Authority hosts Memory Cafes at various Senior Housing Communities throughout Lake County.
- Vista East coordinates Dementia Friendly staff training at hospitals and organizes a committee to attend NC Aldermen Meetings.
- Memory Sunday in June 2018, for Faith Communities in North Chicago.
Contact Dementia Friendly North Chicago/Lake County
For information about Dementia Friendly North Chicago/Lake County, please email Colette Jordan at email@example.com.