Grayslake began as a Dementia Friendly Community with a Village Proclamation (Resolution 860) and its efforts includes all of the 8 Domains of Livability per AARP which include:
- Outdoor Spaces and Buildings (community gardens, outside shaded benches, veterans memorial park).
- Transportation (PACE bus service and train stations).
- Housing (subsidized and 55+)
- Social Participation (senior center, senior citizen high school dance).
- Respect and Social Inclusion (Local theater, volunteer activities and more).
- Civic Participation and Employment (American Legion, various Service Clubs and more).
- Communication and Information (Library, historical museum and heritage center).
- Community and Health Services (golf course, 55+ walking club, Park District for adult activities, and more).
For information about Dementia Friendly Grayslake, please email Mike Steiner, Community Lead.